International Travel in 2022: The findings from new research offer real-world evidence that worldwide travel is going to a complete recovery in 2022, as well as suggest that it’ll exceed pre-pandemic levels.
Global insurance and assistance services company Worldwide Medical Group (IMG) just released the outcomes of their ‘2022 Travel Outlook Survey’, which evaluated the approaching departure date and overall sentiments of consumers who’d formerly traveled worldwide.
The final results state an impressive 96 percent of participants are preparing for International Travel in 2022, representing an 11 percent increase over pre-pandemic levels for worldwide travel.
“It is apparent that folks feel convenient traveling abroad and you will need to make worldwide journeys they have required to delay over the past couple of years,” mentioned IMG’s Chief Commercial Officer, Amanda Winkle. “At IMG, International Travel in 2022 we’re well-positioned to fulfill this rising curiosity about worldwide travel with industry-leading insurance products that safeguard travelers within the unpredicted.”
The 2022 Travel Outlook Survey’s key findings include:
Travelers feel more comfortable about going abroad this year than they did in 2021.
– 59 percent of respondents stated they think much more comfortable about traveling abroad this season compared to what they did this past year when compared to 32 percent who expressed exactly the same comfortableness about traveling worldwide as they did in 2021.
– 71 percent of survey-takers reported intending to travel worldwide before October 2022, as compared to the 49 percent of last year’s respondents who planned to visit overseas before October 2021.
Whether internationally or domestically, travelers are ready and willing to make multiple trips in 2022.
– 38 percent of survey participants stated they intend to International Travel in 2022 worldwide on 3 or more occasions before 2022 has ended, representing a 141 percent increase over 2021.
– Among individuals remaining stateside, 52 percent intend on traveling domestically 3 or more occasions prior to the year has gone out, an 18 percent increase when compared with 2021.
While they generally feel more confident about traveling abroad this year, travelers are also keener to protect themselves and their trip investments by purchasing travel protection plans and/or travel medical insurance.
– 53 % of respondents stated they’re more prone to International Travel in 2022 to purchase a trip protection plan and/or travel medical insurance plan due to the ongoing impacts and uncertainty brought on by COVID-19. Meanwhile, 43 stated that they’re equally prone to buy a plan because they were before the pandemic.
– The policy inclusions that survey participants presently consider the most crucial are:
1. Medical insurance benefits
2. Trip cancellation/interruption benefits
3. Cancel/interrupt for any reason (CFAR/IFAR) benefits
“COVID-19 has focused everyone’s mind on travel and health safety, cheap they are able to get ill or hurt while they’re traveling, or before they intend to travel, producing a have to cancel their trip,” stated IMG Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Geoff Tothill. “Traveling continues to be this type of pleasure, however so many people are knowing that, once they travel, what is required to be correctly protected using the appropriate insurance policy.”
“After being stuck in your own home during the last couple of years, there have been people taking more extravagant or once-in-a-lifetime journeys because they return to traveling worldwide,” stated IMG President and Chief executive officer, Steve Paraboschi. “As people invest more within their travels, they need robust insurance plans to safeguard every aspect of their trip, and IMG is here now to supply such travel and health safety solutions.”
The very best five countries respondents stated they intend on visiting next are:
For the latest insights on international travel requirements, check out the guide below: